Resumates offers online resume printing and delivery, but if you're printing from home follow these quick steps to make sure you're making the best possible first impression.
- Spellcheck! But you know this ...
- Remove hyperlinks from any websites and email addresses before printing resumes. Otherwise you are left with the underline from the hyperlink on the printed version, which isn't needed.
- You will almost always want to use a laserjet printer for resume printing, if possible. Laser printers are more precise with small fonts and lines, and do not smudge.
- Get nice paper. Choose between the various resume paper weights, textures, compositions and resume paper colors. We recommend something not too overstated, that communicates a prepared, clean, and polished look.
- Set the paper correctly in the tray. Resume paper is often designed with one side to be printed on. Give the paper a test run and make sure the textured side is being printed on.
- Make enough copies for your event or interview, and add a few more for good measure.
- And one last quick spell check :)
Good luck! And check out our resume printing packages to skip the copy shop!