Fewer and fewer people have printers at home, so it's increasingly common to scramble to find a decent printer and resume paper to print your resume leading up to an interview or career fair.
- If you're an avid ecommerce user or a stickler for quality, use Resumates online resume printing and delivery. Upload your finished resume, select from a variety of premium resume paper colors, and receive 25 resume prints delivered to your door. Resumates delivers prints in two days, so if your interview is tomorrow, you'll need to run an errand instead.
- Public libraries: Yep! Your good old public library should be able to accommodate resume printing. Not all libraries are the same, so give them a call to double check. Don't expect them to stock premium resume paper, but if you have nice resume paper handy, this can be a good option on the cheap.
- FedEx Office: You know them well. The self-serve copy area will help with resume printing for a pretty reasonable fee. They're mostly self-serve, which is great if you're familiar with the machines. They typically carry resume paper that you can buy. Then you'll want to load that into one of their printers, log onto a computer, and print to the printer that you loaded your paper into. If unfamiliar, try to grab an associate to help so that you don't misprint. Since it's self-serve, you will pay for mistakes and the extra time on the computer (charged per minute).
- Staples: Staples has a copy center with an associate to help with your printing needs. Unlike at FedEx Office, Staples does this for you. The best part about this is that you don't need to figure anything out on your own, but like any full-service operation, if they're busy, you're going to have to wait a bit. They carry resume paper and can get you what you need.
- At home: Of course, you can print at home! If you have a laser printer and nice resume paper, you are good to go. If you have an inkjet, run a few test pages to help clear out pipes, since inkjets get gunked up after a few weeks of non-use. Inkjets smudge, so be mindful not to touch your fresh prints for up to an hour.